An all around standard bike?

Hello,

Bikes have become so specialized today that we even have separate categories for cruisers with saddlebags that are called "baggers". But there was a time when manufacturers just made motorcycles, and owners modified them for specific uses. In the 1970's and 1980's the phrase "UJM" or "universal Japanese motorcycle" was often heard, a phrase not heard much today. Although I started my riding on cruisers (actually really started on a scooter and then moved on to cruisers) I had the chance to ride what might have been around a perfect "standard" bike that I wish I had bought, the Honda Nighthawk 750. With the in-line four cylinder engine, upright riding position, it really impressed me. Add a windscreen and saddle bags and it was a tourer. Leave it stock and it was a great commuter or weekend ride. Somehow I switched from cruisers to sport touring bikes for several years before getting back to cruisers, and in the interim the Nighthawk 750 went out of production. Probably if I rode one today I would not be as impressed (if I recall it had a rear drum brake) with its lack of technology but thinking about that bike made me wonder if any manufacturer makes something equivalent to that Nighthawk today. I'm certainly not willing to give up my Goldwing, but when I think about getting a lighter second bike for zipping around town and the like I think I would like something that approximates that Nighthawk.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:

http://www.motorcycleforum.com…around-standard-bike.html

video marketing

Hey Donnie,

welcome in our Yamaha XSR 900 forum which is concerned and has its name from the Yamaha XSR 900 which is a sport heritage bike with a three cylinder engine with 115 hp and is very smooth and agile to drive.
    The main point the XSR is famous for is its engine, which is so powerful and well made in its performence that from that point of view the XSR is absolutely top to be recommended.
    If you want a bike which is easy and enjoyable to drive the XSR ist the right bike for you. The riding position is comfortable and upright, so that it is also very suitable for longer trips.
    I dont know where you come from, but if you have the opportunity to make a test ride, just do it and you will see what a fabulous bike the XSR is.

best greetings from

Thomas form Germany, bavaria

Thomas

Die Klimaerwärmung macht im Winter noch keinen Sommer

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!